Call for Price
Legislation, Arrest & Prevention, Ladders, Scaffolds, EWP, Covers, Guardrails, Practical
Please call for weekend bookings for 11 or less students!
CPO Approved Program
Working at Heights is designed to exceed the provincial standards and ensure your employees fully comprehend the risks, how to protect themselves and understand the hardware involved. Designed from the ground up, this course will take you through building railings, proper selection and use of ladders, and methods of protecting workers who are exposed to heights.
The course will look into protection methods and measures on different levels and will help workers understand the necessity of evaluating which protection methods are best used for their working situation. The following list covers the course modules:
- Legal responsibilities for fall protection (employer, supervisors, workers)
- Fines and penalties for noncompliance
- Basic hazards and controls
- Fall prevention techniques
- Travel restraint systems
- Fall arrest techniques
- Fall restricting and safety net systems
- Lifelines and lifeline hazards
- Anchor systems
- Harnesses, lanyards, shock absorbers
- Connecting devices
- Fall hazards (e.g., pendulum effect and bottoming out)
- Emergency rescue procedures
- Basic ladder, scaffold, elevated work platform, bump line, warning barrier, and guardrail fall protection techniques
- Emergency rescue principles
Students will learn about practical aspects in an collaborative classroom setting, combining group activities, individual exercises. Students will also participate in hands-on interactive practical equipment and setup exercises with components from the course theory. Students will be challenged to apply knowledge to their workplace environments.
The course covers practical components and incorporates real life scenarios through multimedia, classroom, group activities and hands on use of equipment, all integrated for better retention and learning, ensuring your students get the best quality training for your high risk tasks at heights!
|Course Duration (Hrs)|
|Max Students Per Class|
|Minimum to run course|