Practical to include make and model of equipment
The Manlift or Elevated Work Platform (EWP) program at Barantas is highly interactive and provides information based on the IPAF program. The aspiring operators will reach new heights as they learn:
- How to identify all EWP parts necessary in a circle check
- The importance of EWP’s in the industry
- The ANSI and CSA standards regulating EWP use, inspection, and maintenance
- The fall protection requirements and how to tie off properly
- How to identify potential hazards and accident risks
- The types of outriggers and stabilizers
- All applicable safe practices (e.g., fueling, charging, three-point contact, proper shut down, etc.)
The practical component to the course also allows the operator’s to:
- Perform a proper (e.g., in detail and documented) circle check
- Operate the EWP
- Maneuver around an obstacle course and rescue a distressed individual!
This course is the only safety-related training program certified to be in compliance with the new ISO Standard 18878 Mobile EWP-Operator training. Barantas uses the Skyjack-adapted European IPAF program tailored to the North American operator.